Friday, April 10, 2009

Olivia Socialite's Words of Wisdom


So, Olivia on The City is just too smart for her own good, right? With her big eyes that are good for observation she constantly gives unsolicited advice to Whitney. This is how I am sure a conversation goes between the two of them.
Whitney: Good Morning Olivia. How are you today?
Olivia: This is what I think you should do...date whoever you want...you only live once...stop being so high school about this...etc. Also, Whitney, this is New York. You can't just take off your sunglasses, and think that whatever you were wearing in the Hills would be hip here. Its not. Also, don't hang out with those "hipsters." They are poor, and like don't shower. That's totally gross. Also, I think the best thing you can do when looking into apartments is not take the first one. And, always take taxis, the subway is confusing...And one more thing, bonds are the best investment right now.
Whitney: Wow, Olivia. That was...
Olivia: Just what you needed to hear, right? I am so perceptive.


It just seems to me, every episode, Olivia is compelled to share her insight on whatever problem Whitney must be having, even though Whitney doesn't really ask for her opinion. This could be due to two reasons. One, the editors remove Whitney asking questions that prompt Olivia's "wise" responses. Or, two, (the more likely of the two) Olivia just likes to tell other people what they should do, according to her. And its safe for me to make that acquisition because I do the same thing. However, I am not on television for it. Would like to be, but am not.

I personally think Whitney needs to throw down with Olivia. Take the fashionable gloves off and solve things like they do in the City. This ain't LA Whitney, its New York. Take Olivia into a alley and kick her ass. Then be like, "you don't know me." And then take her purse and make it look like a mugging. That's New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment