Saturday, April 11, 2009

Special Edition: Film, WTF?


The Fast and the Furious 4. This movie sucked. Now, I don't hold the FATF franchise to high standards, not like the Ocean series or the Godfather, but come on. As far as high budget, badly written, poorly acted action flicks go, this should be low on everyones' list. I would classify this as a Redbox rental.

I heard one critic say that "the actors should be ashamed to have even spoke the horribly written lines of dialogue." And I am going to have to agree with him. I don't care if you are an out of work actor and some studio is throwing mad money at you to appear in an installment of a franchise. If the movie has a poor concept and is poorly written, just say no. Tell your agent to get back to work and find you something descent. And if they can't do that, go work for free on indies and student films. Now, I can only imagine that the actors of this movie would reply to me with a "What was that? I couldn't hear you over the cha-ching of my bank account filling." To which I would reply "Well, I hope it makes you deaf, because when it stops you will finally be able to hear the rest of Hollywood, and the world, laughing at you."

So, to this I say, WTF Fast and the Furious? Thanks for wasting my friday night and 12 dollars I will never get back. Assholes.

2 comments:

  1. I saw. I saw it at the Midnight showing. I liked it. Except for the part where Vin Diesel punches Paul Walker's face and Paul Walker doesn't bleed. Vin Diesel makes people bleed. WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me rephrase, Vin Diesel punch's Paul Walker's face MULTIPLE TIMES and Paul Walker doesn't bleed.

    ReplyDelete